Update: I finished it for a second time in July ahead of a management book club discussion in the office.
1) Absence of trust – unwilling to be vulnerable within the group
2) Fear of conflict – seeking artificial harmony over the constructive passionate debate
3) Lack of commitment – feigning buy-in for group decisions creates ambiguity throughout the organization
4) Avoidance of accountability – ducking the responsibility to call peers on counterproductive behavior which sets low standards
5) Inattention to results – focusing on personal success, status and ego before team success