Last week I finished Culture Wins by William Vanderbloemen. In this book the author defines – “Culture is about how a team uniquely functions when it’s at its best”. An organization’s culture is largely reflected in its values – not the values determined by management, but the values which are actually lived out by the employees.
Here are some of the points discussed in the book.
- The whole is greater than the parts if you have a good culture.
- Unhappy employees is a disadvantage.
- two-third of employees in America hate their jobs.
- You can no longer treat people like crap because we are running out of people. The generation hump.
- Culture index generally goes down after employing someone new. But this is not always the case especially if you have a healthy culture.
The author encourages us to Hire slowly, fire quickly. The 4 C’s to hire for are –